ABOUT THE FCI INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The Farm Credit Illinois internship program provides students with the opportunity to grow and develop both personally and professionally through valuable on-the-job experience, job shadowing, networking, and mentoring. By working with a variety of departments, interns will have the opportunity to explore different career paths. In addition to this, they will have opportunities for day and overnight travel assignments throughout the southern 60 counties of Illinois. FCI interns become part of a family-oriented team working to serve its members. We seek students aligned with our five core values – family, integrity, relationships, expertise, and passion – as well as those who are motivated to find innovative solutions to business needs.
Candidates for an internship position should meet the following requirements:
- Enrolled as a college sophomore, junior, senior, or graduate student for the fall semester
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills, work ethic, and integrity
- Able to work in a team-based environment and also take the initiative to work independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Pursuing a degree in agricultural business, agricultural economics, business, finance or another related degree program.
- Farm Credit Illinois offers interns a competitive hourly rate, reimbursement for all business travel expenses, a logo wear allowance, “Dress for Your Day” dress code, and other perks.
- The internship will be for twelve-weeks, based at the Central Office in Mahomet, Illinois. Summer Intern hours are 8:00am – 4:30 pm, Monday – Friday.
- Applications accepted August 25 - October 7 and will be available at Job Opportunities (cover letter and resume required)
WHY APPLY FOR AN FCI INTERNSHIP?
Learn from some of our past interns on what they valued most about their FCI experience.
“The Farm Credit Illinois Internship provided me experiences in multiple facets of the agriculture industry. The experiential learning through meaningful projects and job shadows guided my future career path and allowed me to better understand my interests. This impactful experience is paired with a company that truly is unmatched in culture. I am grateful to forever be part of the FCI Family.” – Megan Finfrock, 2021 Intern
“Farm Credit Illinois provided me with an unforgettable summer internship experience, despite Covid-19 complications. Expectations were outlined throughout the summer, but I was generally granted the freedom to explore areas of interest. The cooperative is full of exceptional individuals.” – Caden Heyen, 2020 Intern
“Farm Credit Illinois employees take their core values to heart and welcome summer interns as their own. Through diverse project areas and opportunities for networking, interns are not only able to find what they are interested in, but they are able to do so by learning from some of the best in the industry resulting in real, applicable knowledge and lifelong connections.” – Parker Karrick, 2020 Intern