Get Easy Access to Affordable Credit
with the FCI Operating Loan Advantage
An operating line of credit from FCI gives farmers the liquidity they need to capitalize on an opportunity at a moment’s notice. Learn how Kevin Lash, member from Effingham County, values the convenience of easily accessing funds through his operating line of credit and also the added advantages of cash patronage and the FreshRoots program.
Farm Credit Illinois offers operating loan programs designed to fit the way you produce and market. Borrow a lump sum or arrange a line of credit for the added flexibility to adapt to changing conditions.
Revolving Line Of Credit
- Borrow and repay funds as often as you like for up to three years
- Manage your cash needs and minimize interest costs
- Save time by not having to renew your operating loan each year
- Couple your revolving line of credit loan with Farm Cash Management to get paid interest when you have cash-on-hand.
Cash in on Patronage
Farm Credit Illinois pays cash patronage annually to its cooperative member-borrowers. Payment amounts are calculated on the net interest margin contribution of each loan. FCI operating lines of credit have the highest net interest margin of all FCI loans.
In fact, the June 2021 cash patronage payment lowered the effective interest rate of 90% of the 2020 FCI operating loans by 1.25% or more. (The calculation is based on loans with at least $100 average daily balance and excludes discounted loans for FreshRoots and young & beginning farmers.)
Terms & Rate Options
Choose from annual, semi-annual, or monthly payment schedules
- Provides maximum rate stability
- Lock in your rate for a full year
- The most market-sensitive rate because it can change monthly
- Variable rates historically provide the most interest savings over the life of a loan